The Simple Captcha plugin designed with the aim of enhancing the security of WordPress websites. It functions by implementing a human verification test to safeguard against potential spam and unauthorized access attempts. The test, in the form of a simple challenge, ensures that only humans can access password-protected accounts and prevents automated scripts from compromising the security of the website.
Below features are available to WordPress administrators:
- Admin Have an option to enable/disable the captcha on the default WordPress login/registration form.
- Admin Have an option to enable/disable the captcha on the default WordPress reset password form.
- Admin Have an option to enable/disable the captcha on the default WordPress comment form.
Admin Have an option to select different captcha options:
- Mathematical captcha with random option
- Mathematical captcha with algebraic option
- Include special characters in the captcha string
- Include uppercase letters in the captcha string
- Set a limit of captcha digits
- Install ZT Captcha either via the WordPress.org plugin directory, or by uploading the files to your server.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to the ZT Captcha menu and set your captcha display settings.
Installing via FTP
- Login to your hosting space via an FTP software, e.g. FileZilla.
- Unzip the downloaded ZT Captcha by WordPress plugin folder without making any changes to the folder.
- Upload the ZT Captcha by WordPress plugin into the following location wp-content > wp-plugins.
- Login to the WordPress Administrator Panel.
- Activate ZT Captcha plugin by going to Plugins and pressing Activate button.
Is it work for cutom login, comment, register forms generated from plugins?
Yes, it work’s if WordPress standard hooks are used in the forms.
Is it requires PHP GD extention?
Yes, it requires PHP GD extention for more help please go through the page here.
Contributors & Developers
“ZT Captcha” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “ZT Captcha” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.