This plugin will add a button to both the visual and HTML WordPress Editor panel allowing you to easily insert code for WP-Syntax. WP-Syntax is a syntax highlighting plugin for WordPress which can be downloaded from https://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-syntax/
- Select the text you want to have highlighted by WP-Syntax
- Click the button pre (WP-Syntax) in HTML editing mode or the icon with colored lines in visual editing mode
- Enter the language and starting line separated by a comma. The later is optional.
- Upload the wp-syntax-integration folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- If I enter HTML tags in visual mode and click the button, most of the HTML tags disappear!
This is a known limitation which is caused by TinyMCE stripping out HTML tags which are not allowed according to its settings. A workaround is to do the editing in HTML mode (see usage).
- I can’t get the TinyMCE (Rich Text) buttons to display!
Make sure that you have uploaded the entire contents of the wp-syntax-integration folder. If it still doesn’t work, drop me a line.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP-Syntax Editor Integration Plugin” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Adjusted plugin to work with WordPress 3.3 and above in plain text editor. Note that versions prior to WordPress 3.3 are not supported any longer.
- Initial release