The WordPress Custom Post Type Archive Widget Plugin displays a monthly or yearly archive of posts for one specific post-type. It is very similar to the WordPress Archive except that it just displays one specific custom post-type’s posts, not all categories. It can be configured to either show a listing or a pulldown by month or year with or without post counts.
- Upload “wp-custom-post-type-archive.php” to the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory.
- Activate the plugin through the “Plugins” menu in WordPress.
- From the “Widgets” page in WordPress drag the “Custom Post Type Archive” widget to the “Sidebar”.
- Configure the “Custom Post Type Archive” widget controls, setting the “Title”, “Custom Type”, “Display Style”, “Group By” and “Show Post Counts” fields.
- How is the Cateogry Archive widget different than the built-in Archive widget?
The Custom Post Type Archive widget lets you show posts for one specific custom Post Type. The built-in Archive widget shows posts for all categories.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Custom Post Type Archive” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WordPress Custom Post Type Archive” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- First version, based on Hugh Mandeville’s code/readme.