User Role Widget Areas for bbPress allows you to selectively display content in your themes active widget areas based on standard bbPress user roles (bbPress Keymaster, bbPress Moderator, bbPress Participant, bbPress Spectator) of logged in users. All user role widget areas can be displayed in any existing sidebar or widget area within your theme.
- 4 User role based widget areas, one for each of the standard bbPress user roles.
- 1 display widget for displaying your new widget areas on the front end (public site).
- An additional shortcode for displaying your user role and user status based widget areas.
- The ability to hard code the script into your theme that displays the widget areas on the front end.
This plugin is designed to work with bbPress, a popular, full-featured forum plugin for WordPress. Therefore, bbPress needs to be installed and activated for the plugin to work.
Rate The Plugin
If you like this plugin and find it useful please take a moment to rate it. Thanks!
- In WordPress go to Plugins > Add New and search for URWA for bbPress.
- Install and activate the plugin using the built in WordPress plugin installer.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets. You will notice a new set of user role and status based widget areas. Drag any widget into those areas that you desire.
- Drag the installed bbPress Users by Role display widget to the sidebar or widget area where you want your user role based widgets to appear.
- Refresh your public site to see role based widgets and log out or log in as a different user role to see the widgets change.
Additional Usage – Shortcode
One shortcode comes installed with this plugin.
The following shortcode will display the bbPress role based widgets that you have defined on the Appearance > Widgets page in WordPress:
Additional Usage – Hardcoding
You can also hardcode the dynamic widget areas into your theme using the following PHP code.
The following code will display the role based widgets that you have defined on the Appearance > Widgets page in WordPress when placed in your theme:
<?php echo do_shortcode('[bbpress-user-role-widget-areas]’); ?>
Each role based widget area gets wrapped in a unique ID allowing advanced users to individually style the widget areas.
Q: I dragged widgets into the bbPress User Role Widget Areas but they are not showing up on the front end. Why?
A: You must make sure that you have placed the bbPress Users By Role widget into any existing NON-USER widget area where you want to display specific widgets based on user roles.
Q: I did the step above but the bbPress User Role widgets are still not showing up.
A: Make sure you have at least one widget in the widget area for the role you are logged in as. For example: If you are logged in as an Keymaster drag a text widget into the Users – bbPress Keymaster widget area and give it a title and some placeholder content. Go back to your browser and refresh.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“URWA for bbPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “URWA for bbPress” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Initial release
- Added registration for 4 bbPress user role based widget areas
- Added registration for 1 bbPress display widget that displays your bbPress user role based widget areas on the front end
- Added shortcode support for displaying user role and status based widget areas on the front end
- Tested functionality on a variety of themes and browsers