This plugin uses the uProc for WordPress API https://uproc.io to check if an email address really exists or not.
The plugin integrates with the is_email() function of WordPress. It works seamlessly with:
- Contact Form 7
- WordPress registration forms
- and with any other form which uses the is_email() function (no changes required).
The plugin can also be integrated into 3rd party forms that do not use the is_email() function.
How does it work?
The uProc API real-time validation process includes all of the following tests:
- Syntax verification (IETF/RFC standard conformance)
- DNS validation, including MX record lookup
- Disposable email address (DEA) detection
- Misspelled domain detection to prevent Typosquatting
- Freemail address detection
- SMTP connection and availability checking
- Temporary unavailability detection
- Mailbox existence checking
- Catch-All testing
- Greylisting detection
- Block free domain emails (like Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, …)
- Avoid email validations on Woocommerce orders
The plugin requires an API Key (free, no credit card required):
We do not send any email to the recipient address during the entire validation process. All processing is done on our servers, your IP addresses and domains are not affected in any way by the Email-Validator service – absolutely no blacklisting risk for your IPs and domains.
What is uProc
uProc is a SaaS platform where you can check or enrich any available field in your database. Please, check our catalog at
to find the right tool for you.
Next fields can be processed with our catalog:
* Audio: speeches
* Communication: Email, Mobile, Phone
* Company: Cif, Name, Employee
* Finance: Credit card, Account, Currency
* Geographical: Country, City, Coordinates
* Image: Screenshot, EXIF
* Internet: Domain, IP, URI
* Personal: Name, Surname, Gender
* Product: EAN, UPC, ASIN, GTIN, ISBN
* Security: Password, MD5, Luhn
* Text: Uppercase, Lowercase, Lists
- Unzip and upload the plugin to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure the plugin in the Settings section of the Administrator Dashboard.
- Register for an API key (some credits free and no credit card is required) at:
- Copy and paste your API key to the Settings section of the Administrator Dashboard.
We are committed to protect your data and your privacy when processing personal data.
We do not process or store email addresses for any purpose other than validation.
We do not share any client data with any third party at any time.
We keep all data supplied by clients for the purposes of validation as confidential, to not disclose data to anyone within our organization without a need to receive it for the specific purpose for which its is being disclosed to us, and to not disclose this data to any third party.
Do you store validated email addresses?
All data from API requests and batch/list processing will be automatically deleted within 30 days after the data has been processed.
Contributors & Developers
“uProc for WordPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “uProc for WordPress” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed some bugs
- Checked with last major versions
- Fixed error on caching
- Fixed styles
- Add support for “Accept free emails”
- Add support for “Check on orders”
- Change code organization
- Fix some errors on ajax submit
- Fix new auth method
- Initial release