TrimPress optimizes and trims some of the cruft from WordPress for a lighter, more secure theme!
- Slow down the Heartbeat API to save on admin-ajax usage.
- Disable cart fragments, a resource-intensive WooCommerce script (TrimPress automatically detects WooCommerce and only shows this option if it is active).
- Remove unnecessary clutter from the WordPress section, like RSS, RSD, WLW manifest and adjacent post links.
- Disable the built-in WordPress code editors that allow users to modify plugin and theme code.
- Limit post revisions, which can cause unnecessary database bloat.
- Disable automatic emoji rendering, which adds several extra scripts and styles to your site.
- Disable the XML-RPC interface, an older system for remote WordPress access that can be exploited by hackers.
- Remove the meta generator tag and version url parameters that let potential attackers know what WordPress version you’re using.
- Disable comment autolinking, a feature often exploited by spammers.
- Namespaced and object-oriented code.
- Adheres to WordPress Coding Standards.
- No special set-up required – just click install and activate, and you’re good to go!
- If you manually download the plugin, just unzip to the WordPress plugins folder and the plugin will be automatically detected. It can then be activated as normal.
Aug 20, 2020
Easy to use, no fancy ui with annoying ads, looks like part of wordpress
Contributors & Developers
“TrimPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “TrimPress” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed bug with heartbeat setting.
- Simplified and refactored some of the code, and improved mobile styling.
- Added extra Save button at top of settings page.
- Removed the disable oembed functionality, which was no longer effective. Changes in how WordPress handles embeds means disabling this functionality is more complex and the consequences more far-reaching. If users really want to disable this functionality, consider a dedicated plugin like Disable Embeds.
- Added full translation support.
- Initial release.