Extra spaces, lines, and comments will be deleted.
The compressor is based on jscsscomp.
- Auto-compression for the blog header.
- You can turn on/off compressions in the admin page.
- Editable CSS compression condition.
- You can select where to output scripts.
- You can exclude scripts from the compression if necessary.
- Upload the extracted plugin folder and contained files to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Give the write permission to /wp-content/plugins/script-compressor/cache
(Changed since version 1.4)
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to Settings -> Script Compressor
- CSS does not work!
After opening CSS directly by your browser, do super-reloading (Ctrl+F5).
- After the deactivation of this plugin, the blog style is broken!
The mod_rewrite codes may remain in your .htaccess.
Please delete these lines in your .htaccess:
RewriteEngine on RewriteRule ^(.*)\.css$ /path-to-wp/wp-content/plugins/script-compressor/jscsscomp.php?q=$1.css [NC,L]
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Script Compressor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Script Compressor” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fixed IE conditional comment bug.
- Fixed regex bug.
- Added @import compression.
- Added a new function “Remove cache files”.
- Added some document about the deactivation.
- Added the auto-compression of theme scripts.
- Added a new option “Output Position”.
- WordPress2.7 support.
- Fixed a bug about the condition of CSS compression.
- Fixed a bug about .htaccess.
- Added a .htaccess permission check.
- Fixed a bug CSS compression cannot be deactivated.
- Added a permission check message.
- Fixed a bug admin css files breaking.
- Added a new CSS compression method.
- Added a Gzip option.
- Changed the output charset into that of WP.
- Some bug fixs.
- Maked .htaccess in this plugin unnecessary.
- Fixed a bug that URL with parameters breaks output.
- Added CSS compression condition.
- Added a selecting charaset function.
- Initial release.