All .za domain names are required by the South African Government to have a way to direct people to a legitimate source of information regarding COVID-19.
The relevant Government Gazette, number 43164, is available to be downloaded from the Government Printing Works (GPW) as a PDF.
The requirement for websites to link to the government COVID-19 website is set out in paragraph 5.1.4.
Should you require any changes or if you come across a bug please submit a query through https://github.com/robindevitt/sa-coronavirus-banner/issues.
- Search for ‘SA Coronavirus Banner’ in Plugins -> Add New and then click install and activate.
- or Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/sa-coronavirus-bannerdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Navigate to the SA COVID-19 in the sidebar menu to activate the location of the banner.
Contributors & Developers
“SA Coronavirus Banner” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“SA Coronavirus Banner” has been translated into 3 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “SA Coronavirus Banner” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Minor CSS changes to allow adminbar to be visible when enabled and viewing the site as an admin.
- Latest WordPress Version Support
- Resolves a jQuery issue with other plugins, this fix should resolve that.
- we found a whole lot of gremlins once adding the plugin to a variety of sites, this should resolve those issues.
- Customise how you want the banner to be displayed.
- Released to WordPress Repository