This plugin will defer all cache pre-loading to wp-cron. If a page request comes and a page is not cached yet, wp-rocket will be disabled. However WP-Rocket functions using filters for example CDN will still function. Anything that uses WP-Rockets output buffering via rocket_buffer` will be disabled though.
The cron time is currently set via filter defaulting to per minute.
It is recommended to run wp-cron via unix cron either as a web fetch, WPCLI, or another means.
This plugin works with logged in users as well by simulating the current users session cookies when requesting a page to cache.
If you are looking for a professional team to get your WordPress site to run faster, check us out for our speed optimization services at Rank Grow Digital
- Enhancement: Add compatibility with WP Critical CSS
- Bug: Don’t set DONOTCACHEPAGE if it already exists
- Bug: Only queue if we are on an actual post
- Enhancement: Add wp-engine hosting compatibility
- Bug: If show_on_front is not set, only purge home, not all user cache
- Bug: Only pass cookies if logged in
- Bug: Add trailing slash on home url as wp-rocket seems to not cache the page otherwise
- Initial Release
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Optionally configure wp-cron with unix. Talk to your host/system administrator if required.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“WP-Rocket Background Cache” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors