oEmbed is an easy way to embed media. It turns links into embedded content automatically. WordPress has supported it in posts for a while, but not in comments. This plugin uses the oEmbed support already in WordPress and adds it to comments.
- Unzip and upload the plugin to your plugins directory (`/wp-content/plugins/`).
- Activate oEmbed in Comments through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- That’s it. There’s no settings page. If the plugin is active, it’s adding oEmbed to your comments.
Jul 9, 2021
The plugin is still working. This is a good plugin, hope the author can continue to maintain the plugin.
Jan 20, 2021
Sweet tool - great for WooCommerce reviews in particular. Awesome that it STILL WORKS IN 2021!! That alone is worth a review. That being said, it would be helpful to have it maintained simply for my sanity 😂
Apr 19, 2020
After 7 years I didn't expect the plugin still works flawlesly with WordPress 5.4 for two most popular sites: YouTube and Facebook. Super awesome. Thank you so much author. Hopefully you'll be back here some day. Cheers. 😀
Nov 29, 2019
Jul 31, 2019
Still working on 5.2.2 Thanks
Sep 3, 2016
Wordpress ver.4.3.1 - working good!
Contributors & Developers
“oEmbed in Comments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “oEmbed in Comments” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Small code cleanup
- Fix potential security vulnerability in the case that you’re using oEmbed auto-discovery
- First version
- Adds oEmbed support to comments