The MSTW Schedules & Scoreboards plugin manages multiple sports team schedules and scoreboards. It includes a rich Teams table with logos, colors, sports, venues, and other fields. A variety of shortcodes and widgets are available to display schedule tables, schedule sliders, scoreboards, and countdown timers. An extensive set of display settings is available through the admin screens to customize these displays. Displays may be further customized via the plugin’s stylesheet. ACTIVE SUPPORT FOR THIS PLUGIN IS ENDING. IT IS BEING REPLACED WITH THE MSTW LEAGUE MANAGER PLUGIN.
NEW IN MSTW SCHEDULES & SCOREBOARDS
Nothing is really new in MSTW Schedules & Scoreboards. It remains here for legacy users. New users should consider the MSTW League Manager plugin, which does everything Schedules and Scoreboards did and much more. Legacy users should consider migrating at their earliest convenience.
All the normal installation methods for WordPress plugins work. See the installation manual page for details.
Upon installation make sure the WP default timezone is set correctly in the WordPress Settings->General screen.
IMPORTANT! MIGRATION FROM GAME SCHEDULES AND/OR GAME LOCATIONS
If you are upgrading, please read the migration manual page to prevent data loss.
Contributors & Developers
“MSTW Schedules & Scoreboards” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “MSTW Schedules & Scoreboards” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Corrected a problem in new installs caused by a 2016 change in the Google Maps API requirements (key requirements).
- Corrected a bug that prevented the schedule slider from starting at the current game.
- Corrected bugs with the slider custom date & time formats
- Updated the master translation file /lang/msw-schedules-scoreboards-en_US.pot
- Added the ability to show the (“schedule team”) sport for each game to both the schedule table and schedule slider.
- Added a control for the default schedule to CSV Import. Games in a CSV file without a schedule slug default to the specified schedule.
- Removed the control for the logo import directory. Logos can now be automatically moved from their previous site/location to the new site’s media library.
- Increased control of the schedule slider via CSS, including schedule specific styles.
- Corrected some errors with admin notices in the MSTW Utility Library.
- Updated CSS stylesheet loading, so customizations can be loaded from a separate file from the plugin’s mstw-ss-styles.css. Changes to that file are no longer required, so the plugin upgrade process should be simpler (and safer).
- Added css tag for home games to all widgets & shortcodes, not just the schedule table.
- Added four team colors to each team. (For eventual use in several plugins.)
- Corrected bug – schedule sliders with only one game displayed on them slide correctly.
- Corrected bug – settings link on plugins page now goes to the settings page.
- Removed some annoying PHP notices from the CDT widget.
- Added a scoreboard ‘ticker’ shortcode – a slider of games & scores intended for the top of pages.
- Added a Scoreboard Settings tab to the plugin’s Settings admin screen.
- Added CSV Import support for hand-entered schedules using man-readable game dates & times.
- All data tables EXCEPT SCHEDULES generate default slugs from titles if slug column is omitted.
- Updated the default .pot file with some new strings.
- Added Sports to the CSV import function.
- Added Venue Groups (taxonomy) to Venues import and Scoreboards (taxonomy) to Games import.
- Removed ‘invalid referer’ message when deleting (move to Trash) or restoring schedules, teams, games, sports, and venues.
- Removed extraneous debug message from admin screens when importing CSV files
- Added internationalization to some strings and re-generated the default .pot file
- Initial release.