- Style your html and plain text mails with dedicated themes and templates.
- Newsletters/Post notifications on a per post, daily (even intraday…), weekly, monthly basis.
- Subscriptions to Comments, Newsletters/Post notifications and even to Mailing lists.
- Support international emails
- Support Dkim or S/Mime
- and much more, for free !
- MailPress sends one mail for each recipient, so before sending thousands of mails in one pass, make sure your webserver and mailserver can afford it !
(see also Batch_send add-on)
- Requires php7
- php function proc_open must be available
- php extensions simplexml and intl must be available
This plugin is using the following external softwares :
1. Swiftmailer “Free Feature-rich PHP Mailer” (https://swiftmailer.symfony.com/)
** doctrine/lexer “Base library for a lexer” (https://github.com/doctrine/lexer)
** egulias/EmailValidator “PHP Email validator” (https://github.com/egulias/EmailValidator)
2. [Import Addon] Excel parsing library (http://code.google.com/p/php-excel-reader/) modified for php7 compatibility
3. [Import Addon] CSV parsing library (https://github.com/parsecsv/parsecsv-for-php) modified for php7 compatibility
This plugin is using – depending on your settings – the following external services & softwares
This plugin is using – randomly – the following external services (ip adress transmitted)
1. [Ip Geocoding] https://extreme-ip-lookup.com/ (REST Api)
2. [Ip Geocoding] http://www.geoplugin.net/ (REST Api)
3. [Ip Geocoding] https://ipapi.co (REST Api)
4. [Ip Geocoding] http://ip-api.com/ (REST Api)
5. [Ip Geocoding] http://ipinfo.io/ (REST Api)
6. [Ip Geocoding] https://ipstack.com/ (REST Api)
This plugin is storing data
1. [core] Subscribers
2. [core] Mails and recipients informations
3. [Comment addon] Subscriptions
4. [Mailinglist addon] Subscriptions
5. [Newsletter addon] Subscriptions
6. [Tracking addon] any activity on sent mails when clicking on mail links
This plugin authorize data export in csv format [Import addon]
This plugin is compliant with WordPress Export/Erase Personnal Data process (Privacy)
- Before any installation, make sure you have a smtp server available (supports smtp (default) or sendmail).
- Have all informations to access to this server at hand.
- The installation process is like any other plugin.
- Once activated, go to “Settings > MailPress”, fill and save the settings for each tab (General, (Connection to your mail server), Test, …
- Once everything is set, use the Test tab in “Settings > MailPress” to validate your settings (your first mail with MailPress)
- You can also install the MailPress widget on your front page : “Appearance > Widgets”.
- Just browse the different MailPress admin screens, read the help in the help tab for each screen.
- Now that you are familiar with this plugin, you can visit “Plugins > MailPress Add-ons” to add options to your plugin (may be you already did it to activate sendmail).
- I wisely recommand to activate add-ons one by one, and see what are the changes in the MailPress settings admin panel, in the help, etc …
see the mailpress google group http://groups.google.com/group/mailpress
Contributors & Developers
“MailPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- fixing bugs on weekly and monthly newsletter schedulers & processors
- preparing php7.3
- complete review of mail pluggable functions (wp_mail included + bug fixed)
- adding a List-Unsubscribe add-on trying to comply with rfc2369, rfc8058 & friends
- Newsletter schedulers & processors reviewed, use of wp_date()
- settings reviewed to comply with wp settings look and feel
- logging reviewed
- Swiftmailer 6.3.0 (with specific smtputf8 encoding support)
- Bugs fixed
** bug in csv and excel importers (when mailinglist not active)
** fixing bug in form field type
** fixing minor bug in bounce management
** several cosmetic changes (mainly code comments and css)
- Compliant with WordPress Export/Erase Personnal Data process (Privacy)
- Bing & Here map api’s integrated
- new Geo Ip providers : extreme-ip-lookup, ipstack
- new addon “Privacy” to post privacy data requests via mail
- Dashicon-ification of admin & map icons
- better bot detection on Tracking
- better spam detection on subscription form
- Bugs fixed
- metaboxes Draft/Test (admin write post) & Posts (admin write mail)
- autosave (admin write mail)
- tracking : capturing more urls
- dashboard comment widget : fixing data type for a variable
- message displayed correctly when submitting forms from Form addon
- geoplugin, ip-api, ipapi reviewed (Geo Ip)
- cleanup in stats table when (re)activating the plugin
- Mapbox v0.53.1
- Fixing specific issue for some webhosts on creating some mysql meta tables
- Fixing bug on addon Tracking_rewrite_url
- Fixing minor bugs
- MailPress back in the WordPress repository !!!
- Swiftmailer 6.1.3
** php 7 required
** PHP Mail deprecated (for security reasons), use SMTP or Sendmail
** Dkim & S/Mime support
** SMTPUTF8 support for international emails (your SMTP server MUST support SMTPUTF8)