Includes an free world map with hoverable continents and support for location markers. Fully customizable by editing a text file.
Also, check out our paid maps: US, World, Canada, UK, Europe, North America, US Counties. Easy to customize using an online tool.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Click on Interactive Maps in your WordPress Settings
- Download the the World Continent map.
- Unzip the map and open the folder.
- Customize the map on your computer by editing the mapdata.js file and refreshing the test.html file.
- Upload the mapdata.js and continentmap.js files using the upload buttons.
- Paste [simplemaps] into the post/page where you want the map to be located.
- Publish/Preview your post and your map should be visible.
Dec 13, 2021 2 replies
Chris has worked with me closely to get this map up and running on our site. This is our company's second purchase of this map, but the first time we needed some support in getting it going. Support is exceptionally responsive and patient, I cannot say enough good things about this company. The map itself is perfect for our needs; fully customizable including the option to directly edit the code if needed.
Sep 3, 2016
I really like the Plugin and it does what it should. Had a little problem with the responsive Design (see support) and got an answer with a solution within several minutes. Thx
Sep 3, 2016
Awesome plugin and supporting documentation. Great user support. Simplemaps.com has a whole host of additional resources applicable to this plugin. Using HTML, CSS, and JS/jQuery allows wider customization over software-generated map programs that utilize other methods of visualization, interaction, and data interpretation. For instance, embedding images within hover elements/tooltips is a breeze with this plugin. Great work, simplemaps!
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Maps” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Simple Maps” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.