This plugin allows you to add a google map into your post/page using shortcodes.
- default world map
- show/hide map controls
- set map size
- set zoom level
- set map type
- multiple maps on the same post
- set location by latitude/longitude
- set location by address
- add marker
- Info windows
- show/hide infowindow by default
- add custom image as map icon
- add KML via URL link
- option to disable autozoom to KML bounds
- add a Fusion Table Layer
- show traffic
- show bike lanes
- disable scroll wheel zoom
- add scale bar
See a full description here:
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
google-maps-v3-shortcodedirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add shortcodes in your posts (ex: [map address=”New York, USA”])
- Is there documentation for this plugin?
Yes! See a full description of available shortcodes here:
- How do I add a map to my post
Using shortcodes in the edit box for your post. The address parameter for the address, and the “z” parameter for zoom level (ex: 0=world, 20=really zoomed in)
Ex: [map address=”New York, USA” z=”15″]
- Can I add multiple maps to the same post?
Yes! But make sure you use the “id” parameter to create unique id’s for each map.
[map id=”map1″ address=”New York, USA”]
[map id=”map2″ address=”Los Angeles, USA”]
- Can I change the size of the map?
Yes! Just add your own width and height parameters (the default is 400×300).
[map w=”200″ h=”100″]
- Can you add info bubbles?
Yes! Add the “infowindow” parameter
[map address=”New York” marker=”yes” infowindow=”Hello New York!”]
- Can you add KML’s?
Yes! Just provide the url link to the KML file. The map will auto center and zoom to the extent of your KML.
- Can you add Fusion Table Layers?
Yes! Just provide the Fusion Layer ID as “fusion” parameter.
[map address=”90095″ z=9 fusion=”825831″]
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Google Maps v3 Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- fixed bug that was not allowing Google My Map KML to display
- added option to disable scroll wheel zoom
- added option to display scale bar
- added support for fusion table layers
- added option to disable autozoom to KML bounds
- added bike layer support
- added ability to show info window by default
- added ability to hide map controls
- Added info window support
- Got rid of red border around maps
- Fixed bug that did not geocode maps in IE
- First release