This WordPress mega menu plugin enables you to build tailor-made site navigation menus in Gutenberg.
Note: this WP navigation block is made for the full-site editing experiences in WordPress. Until full-site editing is available in Core, the plugin provides limited options since it can’t fully integrate with the navigation menu.
The WordPress navigation menu plugin adds a few free mega menu Gutenberg blocks for different purposes:
- Mega menu block.
- Mega menu item block.
- Plain menu block.
- Plain menu item block.
The mega menu item block is very flexible – it allows you to add drop-down menus that can handle any WordPress block, giving you full control over the look and feel of your menus.
How you can approach the WordPress mega menu plugin:
- The mega menu block is a container that can handle only mega menu items, which, in their turn, can handle nested drop-downs, i.e. contain any other blocks.
- Plain menu blocks can contain plain menu items that can handle drop-downs with other plain menu items.
- The width, color, font size, layouts (horizontal and vertical) of some navigation blocks are fully customizable.
- You can optionally transform a WordPress navigation menu into the “hamburger button” for mobile devices.
Searching for the best Gutenberg addon?
Check out Getwid WordPress Blocks – a top-rated block & template library for the block editor.
WordPress Mega Menu Block, Copyright (C) 2020, MotoPress https://motopress.com/
WordPress Mega Menu Block plugin is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL.
- Upload the plugin to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Mega Menu Block” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“WordPress Mega Menu Block” has been translated into 2 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “WordPress Mega Menu Block” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.0.4, Sep 16 2022
- Fixed an issue when the submenu icon may not be shown if the user does not logged in.
1.0.3, Aug 04 2022
- Improved compatibility with FSE.
1.0.2, Apr 04 2022
- Improved compatibility with WordPress 5.9.
1.0.1, Mar 22 2022
- Fixed an issue with font sizes.
- Added the ‘is-current’ class for a current menu item.
- Added filers for menu item classes to the Menu Item and the Plain Menu Item blocks.
0.0.3, May 28 2021
- Fixed an issue with additional CSS class(es).
0.0.2, Aug 04 2020
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.
0.0.1, Jul 27 2020
- Initial release.