This is a fork / modification of the original ‘Hello Dolly’ plugin. Only instead of those quotes, I’ve included random funny quotes (mainly from twitter). Clearly not earth-shattering, but fun none the less. Please note that the original ‘Hello Dolly’ plugin is not required (or encouraged, for that matter).
Umm….more funny? Drop me a line and tell me if you wanna see something
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the ‘get-snarky’ folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it.
New in 1.4: Also includes a sidebar widget if you want to share with the world. But don’t blame me if your mother sees it and starts asking questions.
- What does this do?
It displays random snarky comments in the top right corner of the admin panel that I’ve either read online or said myself.
- Can I display these on my site?
Sure. Not sure why you’d want to, but go ahead. There is a built-in widget, and also a template tag. The quotes can also be called any place in your theme with the
<?php do_action('snarky_display'); ?>template tag.
- Is that it?
Yep. That’s it.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Get Snarky” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Get Snarky” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Complete code re-write
- removed the ‘display_snarkyfor_sidebar’ function. See the FAQ portion.
- Updated for the new 3.3 admin panel.
- Code cleanup for widget.
- Added some funny.
- Updated for the new 3.2 admin panel.
- Stop it. You’re embarassing yourself.
- Personally, I’m getting tired of adding this section.
- MORE FUNNY!
- Added drag and drop sidebar widget
- Why are you even looking at this anymore? Trust me, I’ll tell you when something meaningful happen. Until that time, just enjoy the funny.
- Do you see a pattern developing?
- Added more quotes (again)
- Added more quotes
- Initial release