Sometimes the WordPress default error page handling is not enough, because it only shows a simple text or you have to create a custom 404 template with (more) static content.
F4 Error Pages allows you to assign any existing page from your installation to be shown, if a page is not found or the permissions for a request is denied.
So you can create nice and informative error pages with your own content elements or whatever you like, fast, without overhead and unnecessary features.
After installation you can assign existing pages as error pages. By default there are no pages assigned.
You can access the settings page either if you click the ‘Settings’ link in the plugins list or you can find it directly in the menu (Settings -> Error Pages).
- Show custom page if requested url is not found (404)
- Show custom page if permission is denied (403)
- Easy to use
- Lightweight and optimized
- 100% free!
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/f4-error-pagesdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Assign custom pages on the settings page (Settings -> Error Pages)
Is it really free?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“F4 Error Pages” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Support WordPress 6.0
- Support WordPress 5.9
- Fix compatibility with Redirection plugin (thanks to marcselman for the hint)
- Support WordPress 5.8
- Fix notices in WooCommerce
- Fix meta title and description for Yoast SEO
- Remove trailing php tags
- Support WordPress 5.7
- Support WordPress 5.6
- Support WordPress 5.5
- Initial stable release