Using Movie Shortcode you can easily add information about a movie, tv show or episode to a blog post.
Simply enter the shortcode: [movie imdb=”an IMDB ID”] or [Movie title=”A Movie Title”] to a blog post to add an array of information about the movie, tv show or episode.
* cachetime=”A time in minutes” – default is 1440 (24 hours)
* plot=”short|full” – default is full
* disable=”title,image,plot,information,rating” – comma separated list of sections to remove
If adding the shortcode with a title, rather than an IMDB ID, the following attributes are also optional to find the correct entry:
* year=”The year of the movie”
* Styled appearance
* Shows film title, year, release date
* If showing a series, the total number of seasons is displayed
* If showing an episode, the season and episode number are displayed
* Displays the plot or synopsis
* Displays a poster image if one is available
* If a poster image is available it is added to your media library and loaded locally
* Displays movie stats such as the runtime, genre, awards, director, writer, Actors
* Displays the available languages and country of origin
* Provides the IMDB rating, including a star rating image
* Adds a link to the movie on IMDB
* Utilizes transient caching to reduce page load times and api calls
* Disable widget blocks to customize the appearance to your needs
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/plugin-namedirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Add the shortcode [movie imdb=”an IMDB ID”], or [movie title=”A movie title”] to the desired location on your blog
How do I find an IMDB ID
When viewing a movie, tv show or episode on IMDB.com, the ID is the string starting with ‘tt’, usually in the format www.imdb.com/title/imdbid/
How do I adjust the cache time
Add the attribute cachetime=”a time in minutes” to your shortcode
Using the shortcode with a title returns the wrong movie
Try adding the optional attributes, type=”movie|series|episode” and year=”a year” to refine your search result
How do I hide the plot and information
Include the optional “disable” attribute, disable=”plot,information”
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“F13 Movies” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “F13 Movies” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Adding “title” to disable fields
- CSS box sizing, stopping plot overflowing into other elements
- Optional attribute to disable blocks from the widget
- Initial release