Easy Quotes let you collect and display your favorite Quotes / Reviews / Testimonials or any other short snippet of Text you want to present on your site.
- Custom Post Type “Quotes” with Quick Edit and Bulk Actions
- Add Custom Meta: Author, Date and Rating with Stars
- Gutenberg Block “Easy Quotes” to present your Collection all over your Site. (Block-Widget/Pages/Posts etc.)
- Show Random “Quotes” by Category or choose a Specific Quote.
- Option to rotate Quotes by Category
- Option to show Quotes as a List by Category
- Use Google Fonts and other typographic features to style your Quote.
- Built to blend into any style, but customizable with CSS to fit your needs.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Easy Quotes Add a random or specific Quote.
Widget: How to make the Quote Title look like a standard Heading in my Widget Area?
If you are using the Easy-Quotes Block as a Widget, try to find out what Header Tag your Theme uses as Widget Title. Usually this should be “h2” or “h3”. In your Widget Block Settings “Title” you can then set that value.
Same for the CSS-Class. Most of the time this should be “widget-title”. Under your Easy-Quotes Block Settings “Advanced” you can enter that classname under “Title CSS class(es)”.
Google Fonts: Are the Google Fonts hostet by google or local on your site?
Both: While you’re at the backend of your site, and trying out different Fonts, they’ll get loaded from an external google location.
When you’ve found a font that pleases you, and your quote is viewed for the first time on the frontend, the font gets automatically downloaded to a local folder.
From this time on, only the local font is in use.
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Quotes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Minor Bugfix
- Added new feature: List
- Minor Bugfixes
- Added new feature: Rotation
- Added new feature: Typography settings (Google Fonts, fontSize, lineHeight)
- Multiple optimizations
- Block preview
- Optimized block widget integration
- Proper rendering html used in a quote
- Animation triggered when element enters the viewport
- Diverse optimizations
- Initial version.