Ever wanted linking to a cache- or trackable listing page on geocaching.com?
Simply type the cache-id or public trackable-id in your text, and the plugin automatically changes them into links to the listing pages.
- Upload the extracted archive to ‘wp-content/plugins/’
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu
- Do i need an account on geocaching.com?
- Do the IDs need to be written in capital letters?
Yes, as they are usually written in capital letters.
- Do the tracking-id of the trackable items work, too?
No, because geocaching.com provides no search ability for these IDs.
- Are you somehow associated with Groundspeak?
No, i am just a regular geocacher. 😉
- What is your geocaching-nickname, then?
I call myself simonszu.
- Does this plugin have an options page?
No, it is so lightweight that it doesn’t need any options.
- You are so cool. I want to donate money.
Go to http://blog.tatonka.info/geocaching/cache-links-plugin-fur-wordpress/ and feel free to use the flattr-button.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Geocaching Links” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Easy Geocaching Links” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
*Fixed a bug when mentioning the Gnu C Compiler (GCC) in a post.
*Fixed a bug with GC-Codes which are written between brackets.
*Added compatibility with gcStats, since GCSTATS was interpreted as a Geocache-ID.
*Thanks to Rob Mech for reporting this bug.
- Just published this plugin.
- No changes