Provides a drop-down on Forum Topic page for Group Admins / Moderators to move topic thread to another public, private, or hidden forum. To avoid user confusion, topic author gets email alert with helpful link to the relocated topic. Currently OK for mods/admins to move topic to a forum where they are NOT a mod/admin – may address finer-grained permissions if there is interest. Future considerations include ‘split topic’ and ‘merge topic’ functions.
Because sometimes you need to be arbitrary.
Unzip and place the folder in your /wp-content/plugins folder. Activate this through the normal method.
1. Unzip and upload plugin folder to the
1. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress/WPMU.
1. There is no admin panel. (Limited) configuration options are built right in to the
move topic drop-down menu.
1. Visit a forum topic page. You should see the drop-down at the top right of the forum topics. It will “learn” your forum structure the first time it loads, and “re-learn” it every time you add a forum.
1. If you delete a forum, rebuild the drop-down index by choosing
-Update Forum List-.
- I have a problem/question/support request.
Great – please post it here: https://buddypress.org/forums/topic/new-plugin-buddypress-group-forums-move-topic
- I changed my forum name (or group name) but the drop-down isn’t picking up all items may become inconsistent or erratic if you change the name of a group or forum.
This is a known issue related to a BuddyPress bug. Please post a support request at the URL above.
- I deleted a forum, but it’s still in the drop down.
Choose the last option in the drop-down,
-Update Forum List-, and it should be resolved. If not, post a support request at the URL above.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“BuddyPress Forums – Move Topic (Planned: Split and Merge Topic)” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “BuddyPress Forums – Move Topic (Planned: Split and Merge Topic)” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
0.0.4 through 0.0.6
Alpha but essentially stable release. Known issue with building forum list may cause problems for people who have renamed their groups and/or forums.