Better WP Admin Bar is a simple plugin to make the admin bar less intrusive when using the front end of a WordPress website whilst logged in. This can be especially annoying when developing a website with a fixed header as the admin bar usually wants to sit at the top of the page in the way.
This plugin adds some CSS and JS to help make your life easier by keeping the bar out of the way when not in use.
Simply hover or click the tab to show the admin bar. Then click again to hide.
You can also drag the “hover tab” into your preferred place, so it only covers the part of the header that you wish. By default it will be positioned in the center of the screen. The position is saved in a cookie and remembered for future sessions.
Simple upload/install and then activate and you are good to go.
Can I force the admin bar to stay if I want to?
Yes, you can click on the admin bar to toggle it open.
Contributors & Developers
“Better WP Admin Bar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Release Date 11/05/23
- New – The position of the hover tab is now saved and remembered for future sessions.
- Fixed – Corrected the sequence of function calls to ensure the hover tab is created before being referenced.
- Updated – Now compatible with WordPress 6.2.
Release Date 22/06/22
- New – Added ability to move the tab that the user can hover/click to bring up the admin bar.
- New – Added banner to plugin page on WordPress.
- Initial release.